UPDATE – AS OF APRIL 1, 2020
Our first deliveries were out by March 17. The plan between KPP and the BOE
is to supply them with enough bags every two weeks.
ABOUT: Kidz Power Pacs (KPP) was called in 2007 to “Feeding children, souls, and empowering the community with HIS love.” God’s vision continues to grow throughout Berkeley and Jefferson Counties. KPP is a suplimental weekend feeding ministry that serves on average 1000+ children / 42 schools from Pre-K through high school. The children KPP serves are identified as the most severe food insecure cases and are identified directly by the schools. We bulk order monthly and do not source any of our food from any food banks. We are able to do this through prayer, sponsorship’s, donations, grants, food drives and fundraisers. It’s truly been an honor working with our local schools, county board of educations, partnering churches, sponsors, and volunteers over the past 13 years. We are looking forward to the next 13 years and beyond. This storm will pass and getting back to normal will feel amazing. Thank you!
Q & A
• What is the safest and best way to help now? Please pray for our world, our leaders, our children and a hedge of protection over our ministry. We continue to pack every two weeks, with small private packings, and monetary donations are appreciated.
(1) Amazon Smiles
CCM belives in family first. So as you shop safely from your home online, when you choose Amazaon Smiles, you receive what your family needs, and KPP receives .5% of all purchases. Visit: smile.amazon.com
Choose: Community Combined Ministries
Choose: Community Combined Ministries, Inc.
3) Mail a Check
Payable to Community Combined Ministries. PO Box 2805, Martinsburg, WV 25402.
• I want to serve. Can I attend an upcoming packing? Currently our public packings are temporarily suspended until the CDC deems it safe for large gatherings. We can’t wait until we can have our KPP family back together to serve again.
• Does KPP feed the kids all year long? Through the school year, we provide weekend and holiday break bags. We also provide summer and crisis power pacs. Examples: Teachers Strike / COVID-19.
• How does KPP supply and delivery work during this crisis? KPP supplies the food for the children. Berkeley County & Jefferson County Board of Education handles the distribution. Big thank you to both counties that have stayed in close contact during this process.
• Can I help deliver food? Due to strict FERPA regulations and the privacy of all the children we serve,
the deliveries have to be handled directly through the school systems.
• How much food does a KPP child receive during this crisis? Each KPP child receives 2 bags consisting of sustenance foods such as: can of soup or ravioli; canned chicken or tuna; packets of oatmeal, peanut butter cups, granola bars, mac n’ cheese and more. KPP does not incude snack items such as chips, crackers, Rice Krispy treats, and like items. Our goal is to fill bellies to sustain.
• Can I add my child to your list to receive KPP? The children that are served by KPP are recommended by his/her particular school. The schools add the recommended children to their lists, and we receive the number of children. Due to the fact that the children are not currently in school, and we are limited in our ordering, the current number of children that we serve cannot be changed at this time.
• We did not receive our KPP bag. Who do I need to contact? The Board of Education (BOE) for your county.
• I have food to donate. How can I get it to you? Please email email@example.com.
DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF CALLS AND EMAILS, PLEASE UNDERSTAND WE ARE WORKING WITH LIMITED BOARD MEMBERS AND OUR CONCENTRATION IS GETTING BAGS PACKED FOR THE NEXT DISTRIBUTION.
WE HOPE THIS Q&A ANSWERS YOUR QUESTIONS.
© 2020. Community Combined Ministries reserves the right to create ALL promotional materials for all events and fundraisers organized to benefit us.
No individual, group, church or any other organization has permission to use our name Community Combined Ministries (CCM), Kidz Power Pacs (KPP), or our logo on any promotional materials.
During a time of much uncertainty, two things we are certain about is that God is good and our kids need us! Community Combined is just that… a community coming together to meet the needs of those who may not be able to meed the need themselves. Although, at this time we are not physically able to come together, we can come together in other ways. The first way is through prayer. Please pray for our world, our leaders, our ministry, and our kids. The second is through monetary donations. We are spending more than we had planned so that we can make sure our kids are fed. We are needing some very specific items that are listed below as we are unable to oder in bulk as usual. Please no donations of snack items such as chips, crackers, Rice Krispy treats, and like items as it is important that we pack our bags with items of substance to feed these children. Thank you in advance for joining us in thee efforts to support our kids and their families during this time!
Suggested Easy-Open Kid Friendly Non-Perishable Foods
- Microwaveable Easy-Open Ravioli and Soup
- Chicken & Tuna (cans/ pouches)
- Mini Cereals (cups/ boxes)
- Fruit Cups
- To-Go Peanut Butter Cups
- Easy Mac & Cheese (packets/ cups)
- Cup of Noodles
- Ramen Noodles
- Oatmeal Packets
- Granola Bars
- Vegetables (cups/ cans)
MONETARY DONATIONS ARE THE BEST SUPPORT
Donate today through Paypal or by check. Make checks payable to:
P.O. Box 2805
Martinsburg, WV 25402
Donation Checks can also be dropped off at:
301 South Louisiana Avenue, Martinsburg, WV 25401
Visit us on Facebook for the latest information on our events and activities!
This message is only visible to admins.
Problem displaying Facebook posts.
Click to show error
Community Combined Ministries
Kidz Power Pacs feeding those in need.